2012/04/04

Terry Pratchett Going Postal

Terry Pratchett Going Postal: I just bought the Blue ray of this and got round to watching it last night.  And I very much enjoyed it !

I have read and liked many of the books: The Colour of Magic had me LOL which is rare for a book.  But I only "quite enjoyed" the TV films of  Colour of Magic and The Hogfather.  Great cast, super production values, but not Really Funny(tm).  Quite Funny(tm).

Going Postal had a great cast, great production values, great timing ( except perhaps the ending was a bit rushed).  David Suchet was splendidly evil!.  I thought that Jeremy Irons could not be bettered as Lord Vetinari, but Charles Dance was great ( and had a very prominent part cf. Colour of Magic). Clare Foy ("Little Dorrit" says my wife) as Adora Belle Dearheart and  Richard Coyle as Moist Von Lipwig(!) were also superb.  Tamsin Greig, Steve Pemberton - the list goes on and on!


So I hope this met with commercial success so that other Discworld novels will be brought to our screens.

No comments: